(all prices in USD)
Meet the ultimate guide to black and white in Lightroom Classic!
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White is written for everybody who enjoys black and white photography. It explains how to use Lightroom Classic’s advanced features to convert your color photos to stunning black and white images.
It’s a complete guide that starts on the basis that strong black and white images begin with the photographer’s eye. You need to learn to see in black in white first. Once you understand what black and white photography is all about, and why it’s such a beautiful medium for creative self-expression, you can use the full potential of Lightroom Classic to create powerful monochrome conversions.
The next part of the ebook shows you how to use Lightroom Classic’s powerful tools to convert your color photos to black and white. It shows you how to use Profiles as the basis of your conversion. It also explores Lightroom Classic’s local adjustment tools and gives you seven case studies that show how to use local adjustments to make better black and white photos in Lightroom Classic.
The last part shows you how to use plugins to extend Lightroom Classic’s capabilities. It takes an in-depth look at Silver Efex Pro, ON1 Photo Raw, Exposure, DxO FilmPack and Black & White Effects, explaining the most interesting features of each one.
Finally, there are three full examples of images converted to black and white in Lightroom Classic, so you can see how I converted each one to black and white from start to finish. Each case study has three interpretations of a single Raw file. One made in Lightroom Classic, and the other two in plugins. The idea is to emphasize that making a black and white photo is an act of interpretation, and that there is always more than one interpretation available to you.
This ebook builds on the lessons learnt in Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module and Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Two – The Develop Module, teaching you how to create powerful black and white images that you’ll be proud of.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White is written for you.
- It covers all the latest features in Lightroom Classic.
- It explains how to use Lightroom Classic to convert photos to black and white in simple language anyone can understand.
- It’s easy to read. The pages are laid out and beautifully illustrated, making it easier for you to learn.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide as you learn to use Lightroom Classic to create beautiful black and white images.
- It is practical and shows you how to marry technique with creativity to make the most out of your Raw files. You will learn to see in black and white as well as convert photos to monochrome.
What you will learn
- How to see in black and white, and why tonal contrast and texture are so important when you are working in monochrome.
- How to use Virtual Copies and Snapshots to make developing your photos easier.
- Why Profiles are so important for black and white photos.
- How to use the Basic panel and B&W panel to convert your photo to black and white and make global adjustments to create extraordinary tones and textures.
- Why Clarity and Texture are so essential for creating strong black and white images.
- How to make local adjustments using the Radial and Graduated filters.
- How to use the Adjustment Brush to dodge, burn and adjust local contrast, lifting your black and white photos from the ordinary to the extraordinary (with seven case studies).
- A simple application for the Zone System that will help you develop black and white photos in Lightroom Classic.
- How to apply finishing touches like color grading and adding grain.
- How to work with plugins and incorporate them into your Lightroom Classic workflow.
- How to use the Silver Efex Pro, Exposure X, ON1 Photo Raw, B&W Effects and DxO FilmPack plugins to create beautiful black and white images. You’ll learn how these plugins differ from Lightroom Classic, in what ways they are better and where you can download trial versions.
- Three case more studies show you the process of converting a color image to black and white from start to finish. This is where all the lessons learnt so far come together to show you how to create amazing monochrome images.
Here are three reasons that Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White is for you!
Reason #1: You get free lifetime updates *
That’s right. As Adobe adds new features I’ll update the book and send you an email with a new download link. Stay updated without paying a single cent more.
Reason # 2: You’ll learn these creative black and white techniques and transform your photos forever
The book takes you on a journey that teaches you how to make beautiful black and white photos like these!
For example, you’ll learn how to use local adjustments in Lightroom Classic to transform an ordinary color photo to an extraordinary black and white one.
You’ll learn how to use Lightroom Classic’s new Color Grading panel to create beautiful split toned black and white photos.
You’ll learn how to take flat photos with awkward color casts and convert them to black and photos with rich tonality.
Reason # 3: You’ll learn how to create beautiful black and white photos like these using plugins
Silver Efex Pro:
Black & White Effects 2:
Download your copy today
Click the Buy Now button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit card.
What others are saying
“Your book is by far the best that I have read. No kidding, you explained some of the stuff on 2012 Process and exposure that I could never keep straight. The chart on shadows/blacks/whites/highlights and where they kick in is priceless. Really great.”– Jim
“Just wanted to say thanks for your extremely helpful books – particularly the Mastering Lightroom series. They’re a great starting point in creating a workflow which is far better than just a ‘this is how it works’ sort of guide. It’s been eye-opening and useful, even for a rank amateur home hobbyist.”– Nancy
“I found Mastering Lightroom Book Two amazing… I sat at the computer going from your book to Lightroom, practicing each part in the process. Your book made it so easy to understand each part!
I will be recommending your books without hesitation.”– Pearl
The Mastering Lightroom Classic bundle
Save money and buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book One – The Library Module, Mastering Lightroom: Book Two – The Develop Module, Mastering Lightroom: Book Three – The Other Modules and Mastering Lightroom Classic – Book Four: Black & White together for just $39.
The Ultimate Lightroom Classic bundle
Or buy my Ultimate Lightroom bundle for just $74. This bundle includes my four Lightroom Classic ebooks and my three premium preset packs.
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within 60 days and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Here are some more pages from the book.
Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White
Title: Mastering Lightroom Classic – Book Four: Black & White
This ebook covers black and white photography in Lightroom Classic and the Silver Efex Pro, Black & White Effects, DxO FilmPack, Exposure X and ON1 Photo Raw plugins.
Length: 217 double page spreads
Words: approx 32,000
Format: PDF. You can read Mastering Lightroom Classic – Book Four: Black & White using free Adobe Reader software on any computer or tablet. You can also read it on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimized for iPad viewing.
2. Black & White in Lightroom Classic
2.1 Get the composition right first
– Why getting it right in-camera works
– Tonal contrast
– Strong use of shadow
2.2 Why Lightroom Classic?
2.3 Before you start
– Virtual Copies
2.4 Common Lightroom Classic mistakes
3. Global adjustments
3.1 Getting started
3.2 The Basic Panel: Black & white Profiles
3.3 The Basic panel: The Tone and Presence sliders
– What the Tone sliders do
– The Exposure and Contrast sliders
– The Highlights and Shadows sliders
– The Whites and Blacks sliders
– The Alt key and the Tone sliders
– The Auto button
– The White Balance sliders
– The Clarity and Texture sliders
3.4 The Tone Curve panel
3.5 The B&W panel
3.6 The Calibration panel
4. Local adjustments
4.1 Why make local adjustments?
4.2 The Adjustment Brush
4.3 The Graduated Filter
4.4 The Radial Filter
4.5 Using local adjustment tools
– Case study 1: Portrait
– Case study 2: Jing’an Temple, Shanghai
– Case study 3: Island Bay, New Zealand
– Case study 4: Metal statue
– Case study 5: Mandrill
– Case study 6: Pine cone
– Case study 7: Street portrait, India
5. Finishing touches
5.1 What are finishing touches?
5.2 The matte look
5.3 The Effects panel
5.4 The Color Grading panel
6. The Zone System
6.1 How to use the Zone System
7. Black and white plugins
7.1 Using plugins
– How to send photos to plugins
– How to handle TIFF files
7.2 How to choose a plugin
7.3 Silver Efex Pro
7.4 Black & White Effects 2
7.5 DxO FilmPack
7.6 Exposure X
7.7 ON1 Photo Raw
8. Case studies
8.1 Lightroom Classic vs. plugins
8.2 Case study 8: Performance artist
8.3 Case study 9: Pottery
8.4 Case study 10: Spanish ladder
* Free lifetime updates. This means you get free updates of Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White as long as the following conditions are met.
- Our shopping cart software provider SendOwl doesn’t go out of business.
- Adobe keeps updating Lightroom Classic.
- You buy Mastering Lightroom Classic: Book Four – Black & White from our website, and not as part of a third-party bundle.
- The author is alive and healthy. 🙂
Why buy from us
- Beautifully designed and written ebooks that help you master Lightroom Classic.
- Lightroom Classic presets that help you create beautiful photos in Lightroom Classic.
- Available for immediate download.
- Secure checkout.
- Pay with PayPal, or credit / debit card.
- 60 day money-back guarantee.
- Fast, friendly support.
- Free lifetime updates on all ebook and presets.